The football season has ended, leaving me drooling for next season. My Kansas City Chiefs have a lot of work to do in the offseason, and I will be happy to see how Andy Reid fits into the mix. He needs to find a franchise quarterback worth a damn and a few defensive players that can put the heat on the opposing quarterback. OH, and it would be nice to find a way to keep Dwayne Bowe on the roster. Anyway, my sunday nights have officially become vacant in the way of television watching. In the weeks to come I am eager to see how much more domestic drama those crazy Gallaghers from Shameless can stir up, and I’m sure Hank Moody from Californication is sure to cause more trouble himself, so that should be fun. But when it comes to single serving entertainment, the Oscars are in a few weeks and the Grammys are tomorrow. Now since music is my thing, the Grammys are always a sure fire way to entertain me. Whether it is the performances, the antics the celebrities invoke or the notorious wardrobe malfunctions I always get a kick out of the Grammys. So in honor of the spectacle that is the Grammys I have prepared a playlist for your enjoyment. I will say this was a rather hard playlist to pull off. It took me about 12 hours to get the order to flow and the artists that span the decades to fit in a one hour time-slot. I hope this makes you realize the love and over the top effort I put into these playlists.
Now before I really unleash this playlist, let me just say, there are a few repeat artists, which if you have followed the previous playlists I have posted you will know this is out of character for me. The reason for the encore performances is because they have won best album more than once. Of course Stevie Wonder has won three times but I only have one his gems on here. No offense to Stevie, but I just so happen to like my boys Paul Simon and Frank Sinatra better. So, sorry if you are a fan of Stevie Wonder and feel jipped, but maybe you can find your new favorite song within this masterpiece.
Now without further ado I am proud to present the winners of Best Album from the years past:
1. Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes – Paul Simon
2. You’ve Made Me So Very Happy – Blood, Sweat & Tears
3. Saturday Night (Is the Loneliest Night in the Week) – Frank Sinatra
4. Have a Talk with God – Stevie Wonder
5. I Feel the Earth Move – Carole King
6. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds – The Beatles
7. The Chain – Fleetwood Mac
8. Faith – George Michael
9. You Oughta Know – Alanis Morissette
10. Billie Jean – Michael Jackson
11. I Am a Man of Constant Sorrow – The Soggy Bottom Boys
12. Softly As I Leave You – Frank Sinatra
13. Gone Gone Gone (Done Moved On) – Robert Plant & Alison Krauss
14. Modern Man – Arcade Fire
15. 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover – Paul Simon
16. Take It All – Adele
17. Zanzibar – Billy Joel
18. Come Away With Me – Norah Jones
19. Why Don’t You Write Me – Simon & Garfunkel
20. It Was A Very Good Year – Frank Sinatra
And there it is folks. Now remember all of these songs came off of albums that won best album at one time or another. I tried to be fair and just, but in doing so, I think my taste got in the way a little bit. I am a fan of all kinds of music for lots of reasons and I think this playlist embodies that spirit more than some others that I have made. I think this playlist also says I enjoy popular music as much as the next person,but If you think I’m tainted in my taste strictly from seeing this playlist, I urge you to go back in my posts and view my other more Indie-ish playlists. So, with that being said…..CHEERS!!! Hope you enjoy.